Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 18, 2013

This is a special time of year! Today Bethany arrives home for the holidays. I will pick her up at the airport late this afternoon. Last night the children of our Wesley preschool, Kids of Creation, had a great Christmas program and packed the sanctuary with parents, grandparents and siblings. The weather is beautiful, with warmer days, sunny skies and the remnants of snow continuing to melt. 

I Chronicles 28

In I Chronicles David instructs Solomon on building the temple, and also on how to live. In verse 10 he says “So take this seriously. The Lord has chosen you to build a Temple as his sanctuary. Be strong, and do the work.” Given that the human body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, ("which is in you, which you have of God, you are not your own" - I Corinthians 6:19) this verse applies to every one of us. 1. The Lord has chosen me; 2. To build my life as a sanctuary; 3. I must be strong and do the work – fixing my eyes on Jesus "who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2)

Psalm 53

Verse 2 “God looks down from heaven on the entire human race; he looks to see if anyone is truly wise,if anyone seeks God.”  I seek God, and have done so from my youth. I know he sees from heaven and holds me in the palm of his hand.


Thank you Lord for your Word this morning, for guiding my thoughts and for establishing my path. I seek you today, I bear in my body the marks of following Christ. I seek not the easy road, nor personal pleasure, success, fame, publicity. I seek your face, You are all I need. Guide me today in your grace, most Holy One. 

No comments:

Post a Comment