Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December 10, 2013

On this beautiful day in December, I resume the blogging of my thoughts as recorded in my journal primarily during my morning devotions. I appreciate those who follow this blog through Google, and through Twitter. I will post our family Christmas letter (mentioned in this blog) later this week.

Audrey and I had a very good day yesterday. It was my day off, and school was cancelled due to weather. I wrote our Christmas letter, illustrated with photos, recorded a radio spot for Wesley, shopped at Wal-Mart (including a watch for me and one for a teenage girl), and exercised, doing 55 minutes on the elliptical. Audrey made blackberry jam from our own berries out of the freezer, and in the evening we continued preparing our letters for mailing. This morning I feel good about our day yesterday, and I am ready to head to the church office for a day of meetings, writing, planning and ministry.

II Samuel 22 - David’s psalm of praise for God’s role in protecting, saving, establishing him. Several of his lines also apply to Audrey and to me, such as verse 25 “The Lord rewarded me for doing right. He has seen my innocence.”  This morning I draw strength from verses 29-30 “O Lord, you are my lamp. The Lord lights up my darkness. In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.”
 
Guide me today, most holy Lord as I serve as your undershepherd in Springfield. Lead my thinking, my planning, my caring; may your love be multiplied in my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment