Friday, January 24, 2014

January 24, 2014


This is a really cold winter! It is 2 degrees outside this morning. I am looking forward to spring. I recently saw a bluebird on our street, and I imagined that he was looking for a nesting site. I have removed the nesting box from the pole under my deck, and I will put it back out soon, so that a bluebird couple can claim it as their own. I have a “polar garden” sprouting in an egg carton, which was a Christmas gift and is now ready to be transplanted into  larger pots. The tiny little plants remind me that there is life to come, invisible as it might be today.
Genesis 48:1-49:33  Jacob’s final days – he blesses Joseph’s eldest sons Manasseh and Ephraim, but intentionally crosses his arms and blesses the younger first. They will be henceforth referred to as Ephraim and Manasseh. He calls all twelve of his sons and blessed them that day. Then he pulled his feet into his bed and breathed his last. It is good for older men to bless their children and grandchildren.

Proverbs 4:20-27  “My son pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.”  Yes Lord! As I prepare to preach a series of messages about the Bible, this proverb is so appropriate and resonates in my soul. I keep God’s words within my heart, and I have experienced that they are life and health.
 
Guide me holy Lord as I serve You today. Guide my planning, preparation, interactions, and unexpected interruptions. I commit this day and all that is in it to your service. Blessed be Your Name in all the earth. I bless You in Springfield Missouri on this cold winter morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment