Friday, February 21, 2014

February 21, 2014


We are beginning 40 Days in the Word as a church. We kicked it off this past Sunday and our Life Groups are having their get-acquainted meetings this week. The workbook we are using is a tremendous tool, written by Rick Warren.  As I mentioned on Sunday, I spend time in the Word each morning before breakfast, and this year I am using the One Year Bible as a guide.

This morning my life is lifted by Psalm 37: “Trust in the Lord and do good… Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. (Verses 1-7)

I take these verses as promises to Bruce Baxter today. My life is a daily surrender to God’s will, an ongoing commitment of my way to the Lord, trusting in Him, being still before Him. As we journey together through these 40 days in the Word, I look forward to the ways that God will speak to you, and the light that God will shed on your path as you seek Him daily by reading the scriptures and through prayer.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see your return. Thank you for the encouraging thoughts.

    ReplyDelete