Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 11, 2014


Today is the one day this week predicted to be rain-free. With it raining every day, the vegetation is happy. Audrey and I will hit the packing hard, from dawn to setting sun. The party the staff threw for us yesterday was really good, and their gift to me was an outfit that left me looking like a hipster from top to bottom. They insisted that I model it, and from the Tom’s shoes to the Warby Parker glasses (on loan for photo only!) I am ready to expand the way I dress for work.

II Sam 6

David gathered 30,000 men to go with him to Baale-judah to bring up from there the ark of God. As I read this account this morning, a story with which I am fairly familiar, I am struck by the way God is described: “which is called by the Name, the very name of the Lord of hosts who is enthroned above the cherubim.”  In this modern era, the Name is not as respected nor adored is God has been, and will be at the end of time. I need to honor the Name in every way through my life.


Lord, guide me today as I turn to packing up our earthly belongings in this house in Springfield as we prepare to move to Cape Girardeau. Thank you for the Wesley staff and their love expressed through the lunch and going away gift. This is the day which You have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment