Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014

I was up at 4:00 am, read Psalm 100 and Proverbs 9. Rode the Kawasaki to the grocery for coffee, milk and tooth paste, grabbing a box of ice cream cones just for fun. On the way home crossed the James River toward Nixa just to extend the ride. Now at home in the family room to write and read. 

Yesterday I started the morning at Wesley at 7:30 meeting with the hospitality team, and then attended the teaching session of Annual Conference as Adam Hamilton taught about preaching and worship. I met Audrey for brunch at 10, we attended Wesley Downtown for Kerner’s last Sunday. We split a sandwich and then enjoyed Adam’s teaching session from 2 -3:30. We stood in line to buy his recent book Making Sense of the Bible and to have him sign it. While in line we had several nice conversations. He inscribed our book “Blessings, I am grateful for you!” Upon arriving home, we packed until 9:15. All in all, a very good day.

This morning I will head to the final session of Annual conference, with the bishop explaining the appointment process, then the final business session, then the moving. Ron Watts is staying until the end of Conference, just to receive me at the La Croix table.


I am Your servant, most Holy Lord. Use me today as You see fit, I surrender my life, vocation, relationships, hobbies, hopes and dreams to the benefit of Your kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment