Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 16, 2010

2-16-10

Is it ever okay to make a “typo” (typographical mistake)? I have been typing One Month to Live in my writing and preparation, and for some reason it often comes out as “One Month to Love”. This seems to be a fortunate typo, as it truly expresses the heart of the message. At Wesley we are now into the first week of One Month to Live (OMTL). Small groups are watching the first week’s video hosted by Chris and Kerry Shook.

On Sunday Ed Smith presented me with a tombstone engraved with my name, birthday, and a space for my end date. I have hung it in the office hallway where each one of Wesley's senior pastors’ pictures is on display. It is my daily reminder that I only have a short time (even if it is decades) to be a husband to Audrey, a father to David, Danelle, Bethany, and a pastor at Wesley United Methodist Church.

One Month to Love – what a great typo. On my tombstone instead of a dash between birthday and end day there could be a heart – during this life he loved. Jesus loved his disciples all the way to the end. Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Therefore, I am living this month with a focus on loving with God’s love and pointing people to the love of Christ.

With One Month to Love,

Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment