Sunday, February 21, 2010

From Honduras on Sunday, Feb 21 2010

We have made it safely to Honduras, and I am typing this from an internet cafe in Talanga. Following are journal entries I typed on my Treo.

2-20-10 9:00 am Houston

Well,we are loaded on the 737. There are 5 mission groups on this flight. Our flight from Kansas City was cancelled, so we were rerouted through Denver. We arrived in Houston around midnight, and got 4 hours of sleep before meeting at 6:15 am.

8:50 pm Talanga

Ahhh, we are tucked into our room with 10 hours unscheduled! I will run at 7:00 am with Carlos, our translator. Both internet Cafes were closed last night after dinner. We met pastor Jose as we were driving back to the hotel.

I will read from Leviticus as my evening devotions.

2-21-10 11:30 am Talanga, internet cafe

We have toured the church site this morning where we will work. Worship services are this afternoon at 4:00 and 6:00. It feels weird to not be in worship on this Sunday morning. Audrey is doing a great job leading the team, coordinating everything.

Tonight we will view the One Month to Live video and do week 2 of the small group.
Our 14 people are working very well as a group. I am praying that God will use me as a supportive and encouraging member of this team. It is good to get to know each team member on a deeper level.

Signing off for now, Posting again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment