Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 19, 2013


My root canal yesterday was a success! The dentist found infection in the tooth and in an abscess below. The root canal saved the tooth. The procedure was relatively pain-free, and my insurance covered 80% of the cost. Those were my three concerns, and I am glad it is over. I will not dread the next one, if another one is needed. I am now looking forward to the rest of this day.

Even though I returned to my office at Wesley on Saturday, and had a full day of ministry on Sunday, it feels like today is really the first day back to normality after the college mission trip. I will read scripture, prepare my action list after reviewing my calendar, and get to the office early enough to write the pastor’s pen and prepare for our worship planning meeting.

Exodus 19 - Moses prepares the people for the presence of God at Mt. Sinai. Even though he was clear about staying a safe distance away from the mountain, God sent him back down to reiterate that precaution and to bring Aaron up with him. This chapter reminds me how very serious is our life in God’s presence, and how careful I must be to follow all of his instructions.

Guide me today, most Holy God as I walk on the holy ground around Wesley United Methodist Church, around Springfield, and into the ends of the earth, teaching your Word and sharing the ministry of reconciliation. Guard me from sin, from presumption, from selfishness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment