Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 5, 2013


I am looking forward to hearing an author/speaker who is coming to Springfield on March 17, St. Patrick’s day. Our United Methodist District office is sponsoring the event, which brings Donald Miller to Remmingtons (just down Republic Dr. from Wesley). The doors open at 3:00 pm, the event starts at 3:30. From the district web site: “Donald Miller is best known for “saying what we are all feeling,” especially in the realm of Christian spirituality. His candid, disarming style has increased the talkability of our common spiritual longings while decreasing what was a hyper-religious culture. He has had numerous books on the New-Times Bestsellers List including his first hit, Blue Like Jazz that stayed on the list for more than forty weeks.”

At the front desk in the church office we have tickets available for $15. Please stop by and get a ticket to hear Donald Miller and one for a friend. I think this will be the kind of event that people will talk about afterward and say, “if I had known it was going to be so good, I would have cleared my schedule and attended.”
I just downloaded his book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years onto my laptop. I am looking forward to reading it in preparation for his visit to Springfield on March 17. His topic for this engagement will be: “What in the World is God Doing?” Perhaps those of us who attend will gain a helpful perspective from Donald Miller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment