Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013


The weather is top of the news this morning with the very cold temps and severe wind chill. It is 23 degrees and the wind chill is 11.  Last year we had an early and mild spring – one year ago, Monday, March 26, 2012  it was 58 degrees at 6:30 and here is an excerpt from my journal :  “On the early morning news the broadcaster suggests that today might be a good one to skip going to work - I have the privilege of this being my day off. I have so many possibilities open – flying, motorcycling, hiking, running, gardening, writing, personal finances, housework, and the list goes on!”  Today, I have a list of possibilities, but all of them are indoors!

Exodus 24 – 25 (I feel like I am plowing through Exodus one chapter at a time – I am gaining meaning and insight, but it seems like tough plowing.)

In these two chapters God instructs Moses to bring selected men plus  the 70 elders to the mountain. They see God but do not die. On the ground under His feet there seemed to be a service that looked like ‘brilliant blue lapis lazuli.” Moses and Joshua proceed up the mountain where Moses will be for 40 days, receiving the commandments from God. In chapter 25 he records the instructions for elements of worship made from pure gold.

I have been reading Jim Bakker’s autobiography  I Was Wrong, and in it he tells of building Heritage USA, and the church located there. It seems that his time in prison helped clarify the many things he did wrong. The rapid success of his television ministry and the swift accumulation of fame, power and money contributed to his undoing.

I am also reading Dangerous Calling¸ about pitfalls of being a pastor. It is a good analysis of the many ways life as a pastor can go wrong and it includes many good ideas of how to guard against those pitfalls.

Guide me today, most holy Lord as I live the story you are writing with my life. I am Yours, lead me in Your righteousness. Let my path be plain before me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment