Friday, March 22, 2013

March 22, 2013


A beautiful wet snow fell last evening, and I plan to go for an early morning walk as the sky turns to dawn. Audrey and I took it easy through the evening, after several hectic days. Today I will get to the office, finalize bulletin, write my sermon for Sunday and work on Easter sermon. I will also work on my desk, my list of to dos, and my schedule into the summer.

Exodus 22  - various civil laws regarding property and animals, plus some social laws regarding dowry. As I read all the tedious rules and laws, I am refreshed by the summary statement in verse 31: “You must be my holy people.” This is my desire as a person, as a pastor, and for the people called Wesley. To be holy, set apart, special to God. This will be my verse for today.

O Holy Lord, as the snow has fallen and covered everything with a pure white layer, may your grace and mercy cover my life today as I serve you with joy and humility. You are God, I am your servant. Sanctify me that I might bear fruit in your kingdom, as it is coming on earth reflecting heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment