Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1, 2013


My early rising the last two days (before 5 a.m.) is catching up with my body. I did not spring out of bed this morning, but slowing am waking up. Last night I joined the confirmation class at the CPO bookstore after they had visited  The Wind 88.3 radio station and were learning about these two ministries. I appreciate the many ways adults are pouring their lives into these students as confirmand mentors, church leaders, and parents.

Ephesians 2 (reading from the Greek English parallel edition.)\

… the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. (7)
…the surpassing wealth of the grace of him in his kindness towards us in Christ Jesus (Greek transliteral)

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God (8)
Not the result of works, so that no one may boast.
For we are what he has made us, (we are poema, masterpiece) created in Christ Jesus for good works…

This will be my text for the message I preach on Sunday. I am looking forward to delivering this message with energy, creativity, and the anointing of God’s Holy Spirit. This is one of the central truths of Scripture, and it is the basis of the life I live.

Guide me today, most holy One, who has given to me and to all who would receive the greatest gift possible, new life through Jesus Christ. You have made me, your poema, created in Christ Jesus for good works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment