Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011

6-18-11 Saturday, 8:01 am Springfield – 72 degrees

This is my one morning this week to have quiet reflection with prayer and scripture before I launch into the day. As I prepare to be a camp counselor at Galilee beginning tomorrow afternoon, I am thankful for the structure of camp and the means of discipleship and spiritual growth it affords. It is always hard to be away from the church for a week, and it is good to develop the deeper relationships afforded by the camp setting.

Isaiah 5:1-7 “A song of my beloved concerning His vineyard.”

Isaiah 27:2-6 also makes reference to the vineyard of which the Lord is its keeper. He waters it (with the Word), he guards it night and day. Verse 6: “In the days to come Judah will take root, Israel will blossom and sprout; and they will fill the whole world with fruit.” This verse points me toward part four of my series – God’s plan to bless the whole world with the fruit of his chosen people.

I have identified as one of the major themes of Isaiah, the special relationship God has for his people. In the next hour I will research this theme and develop the context for tomorrow’s message “How much does a Father love?” The people of Israel were/are very special to God, and the church of Jesus Christ is in that same relationship. Guide me Lord as I work today on preparing for preaching, teaching and counseling camp. Thank you for this beautiful June day in Missouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment