Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 28, 2011

6-28-11 Tuesday, 6:31 am Springfield, Cox Surgery Center, Cloudy, with rain overnight.

I am here with Bethany as she is prepped for a manipulation of her foot, which requires anesthesia. It has been almost ten days since I have journalled/blogged. I spent a week at Camp Galilee with youth from Wesley and from across Missouri. I was a cabin counselor for senior high boys. The week was very well organized and very fruitful. The schedule was full. I did not get adequate sleep, and my deficit grew daily. God provided what I needed, and I was able to finish strong, with enough energy to participate in the Patriotic Pageant on Saturday night, lead 4 worship services on Sunday, attend the Sunday afternoon Pageant, and host a game night at our house Sunday evening.

Today I will be working with our coach/consultant Doug Anderson around the HCI prescriptions. I am looking forward to the progress we will make today. It is interesting to have been out of the office for a week, and to come back to a packed schedule. Thus, I will be working on emails, etc. as Bethany has this procedure done this morning.

II Kings 13
This is a continuation of kings coming into power, mostly not serving God, going to war, winning or losing. It almost gets tedious and repetitive with all the successive, brief accounts of these kings. I am continually amazed that kings would choose to serve gods other than Yahweh. It seems so foolish, but at the time might have had some appeal.

Lord, guard my heart from ever deviating from devotion to you and your perfect will. I desire to serve and please you in every way, every day until I cross the river into eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment