Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 10, 2013


It is good to be up and at ‘um this morning before 6 a.m. I will pray with Bob at 7:45, lead a spring 2013 meeting at 10, attend a mission blitz meeting at noon, and then work on video and written material for Spring Training in the afternoon and evening.
Genesis 15 – 17

“And Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord counted him righteous because of his faith.” (15:6) Paul refers to this as proof that Abram lived by faith, which was the source of his righteousness, not by his works. But as James reminds us, “faith without works is dead,” and so we see in Abram’s obedience, including his circumcision and that of all the males in his household, that his faith was put into practice.
Living out my life by faith and obedience is my goal. I desire to pour every ounce of energy, every moment of time, every creative thought to pleasing God. As I have been justified through salvation, and am being continually sanctified through God’s Holy Spirit, I submit this day to God’s holy purposes. Even as it is a somewhat ordinary Thursday in the Ozarks, I know that God is at work, and is partnering with His servants.

Guide me today, most Holy Lord. I thank you for your Word and for the gift of faith. May my steps be ordered by you, and directed upon your path. Today your 7 servants from Wesley will return from Honduras, where they have been serving you. Bless their travel and reentry into American culture. I give you thanks for Wesley United Methodist Church, and the Missouri Annual Conference. Use me today, most holy Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment