Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013


Yesterday was a very good Sunday of worship, witness and discipleship. My message on Biblical Friendship was well received. This morning I will head to the office to work on Easter planning and other tasks ahead of my next two days in Columbia for the Board of Ordained Ministry. I will leave very early tomorrow in the Volkswagen, returning Wednesday evening. I took some time off yesterday afternoon and evening, in preparation for this long week without a break. I made 4 good landings in the stiff breeze at the airport, now that the plane is back on line after its required “Annual” necessitated the replacement of a fuel line. I had not flown since November, and now I am night and day current until the end of April.

Genesis 43-45
This is the continuing story of Joseph, now ruling Egypt because of his work with the Pharoah’s dream, and the famine that has set in across the region. God has prepared all of this for the moving of Jacob’s family to Goshen in Egypt. Even though I am familiar with this story, it was thrilling to read about how Joseph introduced himself to his brothers who sold him into slavery. This story builds my faith in God’s guidance and direction for all of His children, including this pastor in Springfield.
Guide me today, most holy Lord as I serve you with joy and follow your leading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment