Friday, January 4, 2013

January 4, 2013

Brian and I shot the first video yesterday afternoon for the Spring Training series. We have 2 upcoming shoots scheduled and it is looking like we will get the 6 week series filmed before Audrey and I head out to celebrate our anniversary. The weather is wintery, with daily lows well below freezing, and highs in the 30s to low 40s. Last year was a wimpy winter, and I prefer the feel of a good, hard winter. It would be about this time that my dad would say “the seed catalogs are in the mail!” This was his way of saying that spring is coming and winter will not last forever.

Genesis 5-6 from the Chronological Life Application Study Bible
The account of the descendants of Adam and Eve – humans were living 800-900 years, and then God limited it to 120. Humans were displeasing to God, who decided to wipe all creation out with a flood. Noah found favor with God, and God chose to tell Noah about the flood, and how he and his family could be saved, through the building of a boat. One note in this study Bible says that the ark was prescribed to be 6 times longer than it was wide, which is the same ratio used by modern ship builders. The study aides also describe the various ancient accounts of a great flood, including the Sumerian “Eridu Genesis”, the Akkadian “Atrahasis Epic”, and the Babylonian “Epic of Gilgamesh.”

God continues to rule over heaven and earth. These are exciting times, when the future is still so uncertain on earth. I pray often “thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” Today is an ordinary kind of day, with extra ordinary possibilities! I will be writing my sermon for Sunday, and continuing to develop resources for the Spring Training series.  Guide me Lord on this pilgrim journey as I grow in Your perfecting grace and represent You in my words and actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment