Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 26 – Forty Days in the Word

On this Monday morning my body is recovering from the exertion of leading the faith community called Wesley United Methodist Church through its Sunday ministries. Audrey and I will be traveling for the next couple of days and I am preparing for that trip. It is good for me at this early hour to simply open the 40 Days in the Word Workbook, turn to day 26 and begin to study the scriptures.

James 3:13

NASB – “Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.”

Bruce’s paraphrase – If any of you has wisdom and deep understanding let it be shown in your actions – deeds of good behavior performed with gentle wisdom.

Application – wisdom is borne out in actions – a wise person is identified by what is done, not just what is thought. Of course Jesus observed that evil deeds come from sin that is in the heart, and what is done springs from what is thought.

Guide me today, most holy Lord as I move forward with developing relationships with the gentleness of wisdom.



No comments:

Post a Comment