Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 10, 2011

4-10-11 Sunday, 5:44 am Springfield 68 warm degrees

I am looking forward to this morning of worship, teaching, fellowship, and baptisms! This has been an interesting week and I am ready for the routine of this sabbath morning. The birds are singing, and if we don’t praise God, the rocks will cry out. My sermon topic involves the question – do we really have a choice? My conclusion is that yes, we have a choice to worship and believe in God, or not.

Ephesians 1:5-12

“He destined us for adoption as his children through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of his will…” I will suggest three aspects of God’s will this morning – His direct, or purposeful will, that He accomplishes, no matter what. Isaiah 46:11 “I will also bring it to pass, I have purposed it, I will also do it.” The purposes of God will prevail, and nothing will stop this.

The preferential will of God involves God says to humans, “here is what I would like you to do, I have these directions and if you walk in these ways it will go well with you. But I am not going to force you to obey – make up your own minds.”

The permissive will of God – example – Lucifer rebelled against God and led a third of the angels in this rebellion. This was not God’s preference, but He is using it to accomplish his determined purpose, that through much tribulation we must enter the kingdom of God.

Guide me today Lord as I teach about your will, and present the choice that you have allowed us to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment