Friday, April 8, 2011

April 8, 2011

4-8-11 Friday, 6:56 am Springfield 62 degrees.

I have an 8:00 meeting with the Springfield Community Easter service planning team. From there I will go to the office and work on my sermon design. This afternoon I will be home getting ready for hosting my cousin and his wife from Kansas City. Audrey and I are so looking forward to their visit.

Luke 12:35-59

“Be dressed for service and keep your lamps burning…” Jesus teaches his followers to be always ready for his return. Down through history believers have held various postures toward Christ’s promised return. With the current unrest in the Middle East, and uptick in natural disasters such as earthquakes and volcanoes, many are speculating that the end could be near. I am ready, and I realize that for 2000 years people have been ready.

Verse 48b “When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.” I have always been conscious of the fact that I have been very blessed and “been given much”. This is a great reminder that much is required by God from my stewardship of life. It is a temptation for those to whom much is given to simply sit on it, and enjoy it. Guide me today Lord as I serve you with joy, diligently working for your kingdom, expecting your return, serving out of the abundance which you have given.

No comments:

Post a Comment