Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3, 2013


This morning I will consider the topic of romance in the Bible. There are a few examples, a statement in Proverbs that it is a mystery, and a strong implication that God’s plan was for human romance to point to Christ and the church. We will celebrate Holy Communion, and just before the end of the service we will have fun reminding folks that next week we start the Spring Training – The Basics of Grace series. My hope for this morning is that each of us draws closer to Christ and more open to God’s presence in this human experience.

Yesterday we had a very good Wesley Leadership Experience Reunion. John Twitty, retired CEO of City Utilities spoke to us about leadership, Pam Hedgpeth taught about change, and I shared scripture applying aspects of technical and adaptive change to our personal lives. Afterward I refereed an Upward Basketball game, as this was the last weekend of our season.


Guide me today, most Holy Lord as I shepherd and lead worship among your precious church, Wesley United Methodist in Springfield Missouri. 

No comments:

Post a Comment