Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 23, 2012

Yesterday I was ambushed by a cold. Signs of its onset were visible on Tuesday, and it came over me in a big way yesterday. I am fighting back. I made myself run three miles yesterday afternoon. I took several zinc lozenges, Dayquil, drank lots of fluids and motored through the day. The evening Ash Wednesday service went well, and I worked in my office until after 8. I got sufficient rest last night. Today I have a regular schedule of work at the office, and a meeting tonight.

Acts 12

Herod the king laid hands on some who belonged to the church. He had James, brother of John and one of Jesus’ closest three disciples killed with a sword (does this mean beheaded?). He also had Peter arrested, because he saw that he was pleasing the Jews. An angel rescues Peter from the prison, and after questioning the guards Herod had them led off to execution. Peter shared his story with those who were praying for him regarding his release. Herod was struck by an angel of the Lord when the people from Tyre and Sidon called him a god and he did not give glory to God. “But the word of the Lord continued to grow and to be multiplied.” (Verse 24)

Lord give me the courage and the faith of James and Peter. Guard me from any action that would not please you. May this day in Springfield, as I fight a cold and minister in your name be one that sees your Word continue to grow and to be multiplied.

No comments:

Post a Comment