Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 1, 2012

Last night Romney won the Florida primary, with Gingrich and Santorum finishing 2nd and 3rd. There is much negativity in politics, and diverse ideology concerning the best route for the future of the country. I am not a politician. God has called me to be a spiritual leader and shepherd. I believe that God will lead me as I serve others. Jesus taught clearly that in His kingdom the last shall be first. I have decided to follow Jesus, and there is no turning back! Today I follow Him as I serve on the conference Board of Ordained Ministry. We are meeting in Columbia interviewing and voting on candidates to be ordained as elders in the United Methodist Church. I value this role.

Matthew 22

In this chapter Jesus continues teaching around the temple, during the last week of his earthly life. He illustrates the kingdom of heaven with a parable of a wedding banquet to which the invited guests chose not to come. The king commanded his servants to then invite everyone to the banquet. One guest was found not wearing a wedding garment, which made the king speechless, and resulted in the servants binding the man and taking him away to outer darkness. I am currently one of the servants who are inviting everyone to the banquet. I need to continue to pursue that invitation to those who are not yet part of the body of Christ. The wedding garment seems to be an image of the free gift of salvation, provided by God through Jesus Christ, and my task is to work with the guests I have invited to make sure they are putting on Christ, trusting Him alone for salvation and walking not in the filthy rags of their own righteousness, but in the beauty of His holiness, filled with praise and experiencing his grace.

Guide me today, most holy Lord in all that I do. Bless the Hatcher family as they celebrate the life and mourn the death of Keith, your beloved servant. May your kingdom come, your will be done today on earth as it is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment