Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11, 2012

Yesterday I was at the office by 7, and caught up on email, etc. I stained 2/3 of our deck, stained the trim around the garage door, and began rearranging my library and study. I had a book avalanche when a shelf gave way in the basement. Today I will be at church again by 7:30 as I pick up the trailer from out back, get my hair cut at 8, finish staining the deck, mow the lawn, purchase materials at Lowes for the cabin roof, load supplies and camping gear, purchase food and then finish out the evening at the Ozark flying club’s quarterly meeting. Yesterday and today is “hands on” work here around the house. Tomorrow will be travel, and then Friday – Sunday will be “hands on” work on reroofing the cabin and cutting firewood. My brain works from different areas as it plans and executes this work. It is a good break from what I normally am working on.

Isaiah 41 (from today’s Upper Room)

On July 22, 1986 I dated verse 10 in this Bible I am using this morning. I was 30 years old, Audrey and I had been married 3 ½ years, I had been pastoring Shiloh and Defiance for 3 years, and David was 18 months old. Today I am 56, Audrey and I have been married 29 ½ years, David is 27 ½ years old, married for 3 years, and Bethany is 23 and spending 6 weeks in France! This verse is as powerful to me today as it was then.

“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

Yes Lord, I trust that You are with me. I am not anxious, for You are my God. You have strengthened me, You have helped me, and I know that surely You will uphold me with Your righteous right hand. I have seen Your blessings down through the decades, and am living in your presence today, thankful for all that You have done and provided for me. Guide me steps today as I trust you, and look ahead for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment