Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30, 2012

“Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth. Serve the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful singing. Know that the Lord Himself is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.” (Psalm 100, verses 1-3) These verses have spoken strongly to me over the decades. I am so thankful for these instructions to “come before Him…” to “know that the Lord Himself is God” and that He “has made us, not we ourselves”. Watching the Olympics last night, one of the American swimmers kept saying “o my god.” This seemed so irreverent to my ears, as she was not praising God, nor attributing to Him the greatness due His Name. I must endeavor to always remind myself of God’s greatness, and never slip into the trap of thinking that I am equal or greater than the Creator.

Verse 9 – “…He is coming to judge the earth; He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with equity.” As the tensions heat up in the middle east, with Israel, Syria, Iran, the Palestinians, I can imagine how the end could come swiftly to humanity as we know it. It is comforting and challenging to know that God will judge the world with righteousness.

Today, most Holy Lord, I will serve You with gladness, I will remember that I am part of Your people, a sheep of Your pasture. Guide my steps, my thoughts, my words, my actions, my plans, my voice that I may praise You in everything. I live today anticipating your righteous judgement.

This afternoon I will learn if my Droid Razor Max has recovered from its experience in the rain as I have a shop performing their water recovery treatment. I have put back into service my original Droid X, and it is doing okay, though I really miss the 4G features of the new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment