Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 29, 2012

This day is a gift from God! I am looking forward to each aspect of worship and reconnecting with the congregation of Wesley. The month of July has been a good change of pace and I am ready for all that lies ahead. Yesterday I had a couple of great visits, I spoke with three of our pastors, caught up on regular mail, email and phone messages, and worked in my home study, installing a new printer (needed since 2009!)

Romans 6

This is a most noteworthy chapter of scripture. I memorized it in my early 20s, and its content speaks strongly to me today. It is essentially a chapter that reminds the believer that we have been baptized into Christ’s death, and “certainly we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection.” (Verse 5) “Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body that you should obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.” (Verses 12-13)

I am conscious of the daily warfare against sin. It would be way too easy to read this chapter thinking that it is good material to preach, and to be noting the other people to which it applies. This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice, walk by faith, reject sin and present myself to God as one alive from the dead, and my members, the various parts of my body, as instruments of righteousness to God!

Lead me Lord, lead me in your righteousness today.

No comments:

Post a Comment