Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21, 2012

Bishop Schnase will be returning to Missouri for another 4 years! I just learned this via a text message from Jerry, whose wife Bev is a delegate at the Jurisdictional conference. I am very pleased at this decision by the Episcopal committee, which will allow the momentum and direction of the Missouri Conference of United Methodist churches and pastors to continue. Bob Farr, from Missouri, did not get elected bishop, but there is a sense that the Northwest Texas – New Mexico Annual conference would like him to be their bishop, after the issues with Bishop Bledsoe are settled.

Philippians 4 (from The Upper Room)

This is a great chapter from one of my favorite books of the Bible.
“Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stay true to the Lord. … Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again – rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.” (Verse 1, 4-6)

Joy is a characteristic of this epistle. Paul wrote this from a prison cell, encouraging joy in his readers. This morning our host Russ said it is a good day, because he woke up – a joyfilled approach to living. Yesterday I visited my childhood friend Dave who has a bad heart, and who lives with joy and anticipation of heaven, maybe pretty soon. Today I will cultivate joy in all that I do. I will go for a 5 mile run, and then this afternoon we will go to a county park which is an ocean beach. Tomorrow we will attend Grace church, where Russ was the principal of their private school, and associate pastor. I will call my seminary roommate Tom to see about visiting him in the next couple of days.

Thank you Lord for the gift of this day. I will not worry about anything, but I will pray about everything. I thank you for meeting all my needs, and I thank You for all You have done. I will name my blessings, and count them one by one. Guide the church; bless Pastor Mi Hyeon as she prepares to preach tomorrow. This is the day that You have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment