Saturday, October 13, 2012

October 13, 2012

We are having a garage sale this morning. It starts at 7 am, and I need to put out a couple of signs, move the cars and motorcycle to the road, and help Audrey and Tammy move the items from the garage onto the driveway, making room to walk. We will see how it all pans out. James 1 (suggested by today’s Upper Room devotional) “This is pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father, to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.” (Verse 27) I have always appreciated the practical wisdom and direct instructions provided by James in this epistle. After he introduces himself in verse 1, he says “Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.” He lived and wrote during fierce persecution of the young church. I live in America during relative prosperity as the mainline church is shrinking on every side. It is way too easy to be a follower of Christ. I desire to live closer to the edge, trusting God for miracles and daily direction. “And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” (Verse4) Yes Lord! I desire to be perfect and complete, and am willing to undergo whatever it takes. I will live today as your servant, seeking to do and live your will. In every interaction, every thought, every action, I will honor You.

No comments:

Post a Comment