Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 24, 2012

"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men." (I Corinthians 12:4-6)

Today at this training for the Board of Ordained Ministry, we will be considering an assessment tool that will help us in the work of assessing gifts, service and working of potential pastors. I look forward to becoming familiar with it.

Yesterday I ran three miles before dinner, and tangled with a minivan whose driver did not see me when she pulled out as I crossed in front of her. I slammed my hands on her hood and prepared to vault across, and she responded quickly to brake. The end was benign, but caused me to think again how careful pedestrians need to be, assuming that drivers will not see them.

I am affirmed as a pastor and as a servant leader in the annual conference through attending this training event and networking with others. These are big responsibilities, and God has gifted and equipped me to undertake them with authenticity and aptitude, calling and giftedness. Guide me today most Holy Lord as I learn and am equipped to serve.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were delivered safely home after your run. This mishap and the cycle event certainly show the need for vigilance at all times. It reminds me of the man that was in a wreck. An drunk stopped to help and the man said, "I am fine since God was riding with me." To which the drunk replied, "You better let Him ride with me before you kill Him." In my prayers for safe travels.

    ReplyDelete