Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 28, 2012

This morning’s News Leader has a great story about Wesley members painting yesterday at Rare Breed during the Springfield area “Make a Difference Day.” As we are emphasizing serving today in worship, this is great timing, and a good example of how our members regularly serve throughout the year in various ministries.

I am waking up refreshed and ready for the day. Yesterday I started at the Men’s breakfast, and then took two of our members flying over Springfield. In the afternoon I worked around the house, exercised at the gym, and then worked in my study a little before retiring early for bed.

Today Dwight Chapman will bring the morning message about serving, the national director from Rainbow network in Nicaragua will bring greetings, and all our ministries are emphasized with displays throughout the lobby. It is an exciting day. This afternoon our children’s ministries host a friendly Halloween party in the gym, after which I head to Columbia for the BOM meeting on Monday and Tuesday.

I Corinthians 13 (from today’s Upper Room)

Love is the greatest gift, attribute, characteristic of the Christian life. This chapter falls immediately between Paul’s discussion of spiritual gifts in chapter 12, and his clarification on prophecy and tongues in chapter 14. It is refreshing and instructive for me to read chapter 13 this morning. I usually read it in the context of a wedding, and speak about it.

Guide me today, most holy Lord as I seek to embody a life of love and good work. May kindness and care be the nature of my life and ministry. Guard me from anything that would reduce love expressed through my earthly journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment