Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 9, 2012

I do not understand frost and dew. My car is dripping wet with dew, but on TV the weather reports the dew point at 37, with the temperature at 42. I expect there is some logical connection. As I stepped outside to get the paper, I heard footsteps in the dark, and then a runner yelled out “Good morning Pastor Bruce” I yelled back (softly) “keep it up” as I wondered who that might be. Our garage is set up for the sale this Saturday, which makes it crowded and barely enough room for the motorcycle, which I will be riding to work today. There is much work to be done today, and I am looking forward to it. My pastor’s pen will introduce our new Executive Director of Operations. Worship planning will take some preparation for me to lay out the coming weeks. Tonight I co-host a life group with Bigelows, and tomorrow I have meetings with the Executive Staff and Executive Leadership team. The work of the Board of Ordained Ministry has some details which need attending, and I am continuing to develop the Life Group material for the spring of 2013. Psalm 34 “I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (1) This Psalm repeatedly blesses me in its expression and admonitions. “I sought the Lord and He answered me.” (4) For 38 years I have been seeking the Lord, and He has answered me in beautiful ways. “O taste and see that the Lord is good;” (8) Yes! “They who seek the Lord shall not be in want of any good thing.” I have never been lacking any good thing. My instructions for the day – verses13-14: “Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.” My reminder for the day – verses 15 and 22: “The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry.” “The Lord redeems the soul of His servants; and none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned.” Thank you Lord for Psalm 34. It blesses me this morning, reminding me of your love and beauty, instructing me and promising me your presence and your provision. This Tuesday is dawning as a pretty regular day, it is the day which you have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. Guide my every hour, every conversation, every ounce of preparation and follow-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment