Friday, December 28, 2012

December 28, 2012

Winter has fully arrived! It is one of my favorite seasons! I especially enjoy inclement conditions, unless I have to travel. Today we have a funeral at Wesley, and then Brian and I will do some filming for the “Spring Training – The Basics of Grace” series. For the next few days this will be the focus of my work – writing, preparing, filming for this series for Lent, 2013.

Matthew 9:1-17

Jesus calls Matthew to be his disciple, and then dines at his house with his friends and associates. The Pharisees saw this and asked his disciples, “Why is your Teacher eating with the tax-gatherers and sinners?” When Jesus “heard this, He said, ‘It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. But go and learn what this means, ‘I desire compassion, and not sacrifice’ for I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.’” How does this relate to the ministry to which God has called me? To the work of Wesley UMC in Springfield? To the United Methodist Church? It is so easy for religious movements to become institutions that exclude rather than reach out. May this never be true of those with whom I have influence.

Guide me today Lord as I write, think, plan and lead with your words for my life today fully in view.

No comments:

Post a Comment