Friday, December 7, 2012

December 7, 2012

“To Thee, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in Thee I trust, do not let me be ashamed; do not let my enemies exult over me. Indeed, none of those who wait for Thee will be ashamed; those who deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed.

“Make me know Thy ways, O Lord; teach me Thy paths. Lead me in Thy truth and teach me, for Thou art the God of my salvation; for Thee I wait all the day.” (Psalm 25, Verses 1-5 NASB)

These verses speak the prayer of my heart as I lift up my soul to God this morning. I trust completely in Him. I desire to know His ways and to learn His paths. I am seeking His truth, waiting upon Him all the day, who is the God of my salvation. Next week I will spend a few days in retreat in Kentucky. I will roam the woods. I will read and study scripture, seeking God’s leading, His paths, His truth. I am looking forward to those days apart, to refresh, renew, refocus.

Today I will work on Sunday’s message on “Finding Real Peace.” The critical element is peace with God, and peace with one’s self. All other conflict is manageable and tolerable when one experiences the “peace I leave with you, not as the world gives…” that Jesus promised his disciples. To know who you are and whose you are prepares you for whatever happens.

Guide me today Lord as I seek your path and learn your truth. Guard me from being religious or callous, or selfish or anything else that limits your grace in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment