Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 30, 2012


Cliffhangers is the new series we begin today at Wesley. Kerner will preach this first installment on the financial cliff, teaching about stewardship and life in Christ. Having preached 9 times this past week I am ready for a break, and a Sunday to simply hang out and encourage folks. I expect a somewhat lighter attendance today.
Psalm 98

“O sing to the Lord a new song, for He has done wonderful things, His right hand and His holy arm have gained the victory for Him.” (Verse 1) The 9 verses of this Psalm are admonitions to praise God, to shout joyfully to the Lord, because He has won the victory, and He will come to judge the world with righteousness. I will sing joyfully to Him this morning in 4 worship services. This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Bethany and I shared a father-daughter dinner last night at Rebecca’s Grill downtown. We ate delicious food and enjoyed good conversation.  I spent most of yesterday working on 2013 Spring Training material, and will work on it as much as possible today. The Cherokee is still not operational, so the flight this afternoon with Hiram has to be postponed.  

My soul blesses the Lord this morning. Thank you Lord for your word,  and for this chapter of my life. May I praise you and point people to “the rock that is higher than I” as you are the King and Lord of all. I am your servant, ready to do your will. Guide my hands, heart, mind and feet today that I might minister your grace to many.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment