Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14, 2010

7-14-10 Wednesday, 7:23 am Lake Geneva WI; Fog covers the lake as the local police block roads for a professional bicycle race starting in a couple of hours.

My cell phone is operational! I spent a long time on the phone with technical assistance, and completed a hard reset complete with all the reconnecting required. The good news is that I have recovered everything except the last few text messages I sent. Having spent only one day in the “twilight zone” of not having the phone and not knowing if it would recover has reminded me of how transitory digital media is, and also how transitory this life is. The metaphor extends to heaven, as when this life is over, all one’s deeds are recorded and will be rewarded by the all-knowing God, with whom nothing is lost.

Romans 1: - 2:24 (July 12-14)
I am blessed by this reading of Romans. It reminds me that God sees everything, rewards good and hates evil. Paul offers grace and mercy to the gentiles, and holds the chosen people accountable for their knowledge of the law, and the bad reputation they have among the gentiles. Paul’s desire is to visit Rome and to see spiritual fruit from his ministry. Spiritual fruit is the goal of every life lived in faith to please God, and I must be regularly reminded of this. Guide me Lord as I serve You today.

No comments:

Post a Comment