Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 22, 2010

7-22-10 Thursday, 7:43 am Grayrock, 75 degrees and sunny.

I had a late night at the hospital, and have struggled to get up. Today I lead a group of pastors in a “peer-mentoring”group which always has rich and substantial conversations. I will spend the next hour preparing for this group, reviewing the book by Sue Nelson Kibbey Ultimate Responsibility. Tonight I will baptize a man in Table Rock lake.

Rom 7:14-8:8

8:1-2 “So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.”

This scripture has been formative for me since 1974. No condemnation now I dread, freed from the power of sin by the life-giving Spirit. This is the crux of the new life in Christ. It is not a theory nor simply a religious argument. Guide me most precious Lord as I live today in the power of your Holy Spirit, teaching, baptizing, serving and leading in the building of your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment