Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 24, 2010

7-24-10 Saturday, 6:50 am Grayrock, 73 degrees, clear and sunny

Today I drive to Fayette to speak at the School of Lay Ministry. Tom Albin is the main presenter on spiritual formation and the Wesley models of small group ministry. I will be the practical example person sharing my experiences. Yesterday I assembled a 6 page handout, and last night I reviewed the DVD I made in 2008 as the introduction to the first series.

Romans 8:26-39
“The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. …
“If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
“I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love …

These passages are full of life and power. This 8th chapter of Romans is a most significant input into the spiritual life. I memorized it in 1979. This morning these words are fresh and new and speak to my soul as I walk with God today. Guide me Holy Lord as I seek to serve you by travelling and teaching about your work in my life through small group experiences and the people who have cared for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment