Saturday, November 3, 2012

November 3, 2012

The presidential election occurs in 3 days, and the polls indicate that it will be very close. The future health of the United States is precarious. My trust is in God, and in Him the future is secure. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God! (Psalm 20:6-7)

Psalm 20

John 6:35-40
“Jesus said to them ‘I am the bread of life, he who comes to me shall not hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst.’” I have experienced the sustenance of the Lord. I believe and trust in Him. My needs are met.

Thank you most Holy Lord for the living Word. The scriptures this morning remind me that you are my source of strength and the foundation of my hope. I do not trust in government, politics, money or military might. I do not trust in my own strength or abilities. I trust in you, and your strong arm to protect and guide. Reveal yourself today as I listen and learn with a small team from Wesley. Bless Audrey and Bethany as they spend the next two days together in southern California.

Audrey arrived safely last night in Los Angeles for a three-day visit with Bethany, and I have gotten up before 5 am to lean into this Saturday. I will read scriptures, pray, get ready and then hit the gym and church on my way to the seminar with Jim Griffith on how to reach new people, hosted by Kingsway.

No comments:

Post a Comment