Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 14, 2011

5-14-11 Saturday, 11:40 am Springfield, 50 degrees, heading for an unseasonably cool high of 58.

I have neither journalled nor blogged in three days. My schedule has been somewhat consumed by the preparation for and hosting of the Azusa Pacific University Choir and Orchestra. They arrived Thursday afternoon, set up in the sanctuary, and led the 190 attendees in a marvelous time of music, praise and worship. Audrey was our point person for housing and meals, and she was incredible in the way she organized and provided for the students. Members of the Wesley congregation displayed servant hearts and extravagant generosity on Thursday evening and Friday morning. It was a tremendously successful event.

Today I had breakfast with Steve and we had a great conversation about life, politics, church, family, houses motorcycles and camping. Now I am prepared to work on tomorrow’s sermon for awhile, then we will attend two graduation parties and I will walk through a baptism for tomorrow with Jack.

Psalm 23: When the Lord is my shepherd …He provides: Rest and right paths (verses 1-3); Preparation in the presence of enemies (verses 4-5); Promise of goodness and mercy, now and forever (verse 6).

Lord, daily I ask for your guidance. I rely upon you as my shepherd. I confess that I am your sheep, a part of your flock, and I walk through this day trusting You for rest, right paths, preparation in the presence of my enemies and your promise of goodness and mercy, now and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment