Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 29, 2011

5-29-11 Memorial Day Sunday, 5:27 am Springfield, 72 degrees, clear.

My theme this morning is the question “Who will remember you and for what?” My desire is to be remembered by God for being faithful, for loving Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, and for loving my neighbor as myself. This morning I have the privilege in four worship services to speak to worshippers, encouraging them to aim to be remembered by God.

Yesterday I worked on this message, ran 5 miles, made two hospital visits and one nursing home visit. I cooked dinner and then worked some more on my sermon. Today after church our calendar is open, as there are no meetings scheduled for this holiday weekend. Bethany continues to make steady progress as she heals from her foot surgery. Audrey has been caring for her round the clock for these two weeks.

John 14:15-21

Jesus tells his disciples that if they love him they will keep his commandments. And he will ask the Father to give them another Advocate to be with them forever. This is the Spirit of truth, (the Holy Spirit) whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and will be in you.

Today, most Holy Lord, I desire to live and speak and minister in the power of your Holy Spirit. Not my will, but your will be done. My desire is to please you and to lead people to follow you as fruitful disciples. May the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable unto you, my rock and redeemer. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment