Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30, 2011

5-30-11 Monday, Memorial Day, 7:00 am Springfield, 72 degrees.

It is a beautiful morning on this unofficial start of summer. Winds will be gusty from the south at 20-30 mph. I will exercise, work in the garden, go for a ride, etc. After today, this will be a busy week with Annual Conference coming to town. I am finishing my fourth year at Wesley, and rolling strongly into year five. Yesterday I challenged the congregation to live with God as the One who will remember. As usual, I was preaching to myself, and am so ordering my life day by day.

II Sam 15 -16

King David flees Jerusalem on foot as his son Absalom gains support for his insurrection. Loyalties and deceptions abound. This was one of the lowest points in David’s life. Eventually God will restore to him the kingdom, but as he flees the capital city it is not obvious that he will ever return.

In every person’s life there are high points and low points. What I take away from these chapters is that even in the lowest and darkest parts of life, God is still present, and it is critical to keep moving forward, discerning next steps, trusting reliable friends, and planning the best course of action.

Guide me steps today, most holy Lord as I travel through this part of my life, trusting in you and desiring to please you in every way. In my life, be glorified today.

No comments:

Post a Comment