Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2, 2011

5-2-11 Monday, 9:17 am Springfield, 42 degrees, cloudy.

Last night President Obama announced that U.S. forces had killed Osama bin Landin in Pakistan. Audrey and I watched the announcement live at about 10:30 pm our time. It is a significant event, the end of nearly 10 years of pursuit by the U.S. in response to his master minding the 9-11 attacks in 2001.

Judges 17:1- 18:31

These chapters contain the strange account of Micah in the hill country of Ephraim. The tribe of Dan eventually stole his household idols and his personal priest. The tribe of Dan had not yet moved into the land assigned to them when the land was divided among the tribes of Israel.

My take away this morning is to observe that there was disobedience throughout this account, from the household idols to the personal priest. The last verse summarizes it “So Micah’s carved image was worshiped by the tribe of Dan as long as the Tabernacle of God remained at Shiloh” (18:31)

Guide me on this day of rest, most holy Lord as I seek to honor You in all I do. I will worship nothing and nobody except You.

Psalm 104:1 “Let all that I am praise the Lord. O Lord, my God, how great you are! You are robed with honor and majesty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment