Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7, 2011

5-7-11 Saturday, Arcadia, CA, 59 degrees, cloudy

Tonight Bethany graduates from Azusa Pacific University! We are enjoying all the festivities surrounding graduation. Yesterday was the service similar to baccalaureate, with good speeches and great worship music. This morning I ran 6.2 miles averaging 9:37 a mile and felt great.

Ruth 4

This final chapter of this short book paints the portrait of a faithful man, Boaz, marrying a faithful woman, Ruth, and God blessing them with a baby, Obed. The women of the community tell Naomi that her daughter-in-law is better to her than 7 sons would be! As it turns out, Obed becomes the grandfather of David.

God is faithful, and His ways are beyond our ways. I desire to live faithfully this life that God has entrusted to me, even though I cannot see the future impact and the fruit that has yet to ripen.

As I was running this morning I was thinking about my June sermon series on the book of Isaiah. One of his main themes is the warning not to trust in what is made by human hands - such as idols. In my generation, this is not little statues and trinkets, but essentially I see so many people trusting in technology. I have been thinking about using the space shuttle program as the modern metaphor with which to approach the 4-week series on Isaiah. At about mile 5 this morning, I thought about using the title "Take the Faith Shuttle with Isaiah". Some form of this might end up being the series title.

Guide me today most holy Lord as I live by faith, trusting completely in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment