Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011

8-15-11 Monday, 7:01 am Springfield, 63 degrees

A beautiful day in the Ozarks! I will go for a ride this morning on the Kawasaki, and then work in the yard this afternoon. There is much energy in the church as we gear up for the fall season. Yesterday I had a good meeting with leaders seated in the choir loft as I described our progress on the HCI prescriptions and the future.

Psalm 34

This is a beautiful expression of walking with God. “I will bless the Lord at all times. His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; the humble shall hear it and rejoice.” (Verses 1-2) “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them. O taste and see that the Lord is good; how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!” (7-8)

Today I will bless the Lord. I will praise him continually. My life is in his hands. In distant Somalia there is a massive famine and now a cholera epidemic. In Springfield there is heartbreak and disappointment. Throughout the world people struggle to find meaning and purpose. I have tasted, and I see that the Lord is good. I take refuge in Him, and whatever happens in this life, God’s presence is the greatest gift, the greatest comfort.

Guide me today, most holy Lord as I take refuge in You. You are my strength, my hope, my joy. I am your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment