Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5, 2011

8-5-11 Friday, 6:01 am Springfield, 76 degrees, cloudy

I am scheduled to take a family flying this morning at 8. As the sun comes up I will get a better look at the weather and determine the feasibility of a this flight. I am feeling rested and ready for the day. Tuesday – Thursday were filled with meetings and appointments morning, afternoon and evening. Today my schedule allows for consecrated work on Sunday’s sermon, and tomorrow we will host a funeral for a victim of an auto accident.

Ezra 1-2 (The One Year Bible)

Cyrus, King of Persia had his heart stirred by God rebuild the temple in Jerusalem by releasing the captives of Nebuchadnezzar and sending them with the gold and silver articles captured from the temple. These two chapters record the names of the clans and descendents who returned.

I can only imagine what it must have felt like to be allowed to return to the country of one’s ancestors after 70 years of captivity. This was the beginning of realizing the promises of God through Jeremiah and Isaiah concerning the remnant who would return and live in Israel. This morning I am reminded of God’s promises to through the Word of His care, His watchfulness and His protection. Even as the stock market fell 4.3% in value yesterday (over 500 points in the Dow Jones average) God is God and will supply our needs. Guide me today Lord as I serve you in this present generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment