Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 6, 2013


I was awake this morning from 4:40 on, and at 5 it was natural to roll out of bed, rested and ready for the day. There are two emails I need to send early this morning, and I will work on Sunday’s sermon along with prepare for the book study I will attend at noon with a group of pastors. We are postponing our monthly executive staff roundtable so that some of the staff can attend the 11 am funeral for Peggy Lee’s husband.

Job 6-8
Job’s reply to Eliphaz, his cry out to God, and then Bildad’s first speech to Job. Reading these three chapters I observe that the theme developing by Job’s friends is that he and his children must have forgotten God, and thus the destruction. If he will only turn back to God and confess his sin, all will be well again. Job does not buy this argument. He knows that he has not ignored nor sinned against God, so he cries out to God, and disputes with his friends. I see in this current generation a temptation to provide easy answers, to ignore complex situations, and to implement systems of theology that are popular, but flawed. Guide me Holy Lord in all the ways I seek to follow you with obedience and faithfulness.

Yesterday I experienced a series of mishaps with the motorcycle. It began as I was easing it out of the garage and knocked the right saddlebag off. After parking it in the garage, I inadvertently left the key on and ran the battery down. Last night I examined the saddlebag, charged the battery, and repositioned the vehicles. The saddlebag is repairable, but the fix is not obvious to me. I might ask Steve to have a look at it, or I might have the guys who installed my running lights have a go at it. I hope to be on the bike today, with my old KLR top bag to carry my laptop, and the two hard saddlebags removed. I will be dressed for a funeral, but the weather will be nice. I hope to ride it to and from Columbia next Thursday, as I have the Mission Council with the Bishop and other conference leaders on that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment