Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 7, 2013


Much to do today! I will begin with scripture, reading a couple more chapters from Job. I will work on Sunday’s sermon, and at 7:45 am I will pray with Bob. We pray once a month for an hour. We begin by simply stating where we are, in our spiritual walk, with our families and with our churches. Then we enter a season of prayer for each other. It is spiritually refreshing.

Job 9-10
In these two chapters Job responds to Bildad, and states clearly his understanding of God, and names his misery. In verses 32-35 Job acknowledges that he is only a mortar, and muses “if only there were a mediator between us, someone who could bring us together.”  1800 years or so later, Jesus Christ would be born, and would become the mediator, dying on the cross for our sins. I am so thankful that Job expressed himself and it is recorded in this book bearing his name.

In chapter 10 Job frames his plea to God, and expresses his understanding of what follows death “a land as dark as midnight, a land of gloom and confusion, where even the light is dark as midnight.” (10:22) The good news is that Jesus has gained the victory over death, filled with His presence it is a land of light and incredible life beyond the grave. I am thankful for the glimpses we get of eternity through the scripture, and the hope we have for eternal life in Jesus Christ.

Guide me today Lord, through the meetings, planning, and ministry of this day. Increase my faith, direct my thoughts, use my words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment