Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24, 2012

Grant Wistrom interview this morning – I will compare the Bible to a football playbook.

Ezekiel 2:9 – 3:4
The prophet is instructed to eat the scroll that was presented, and to go, speak to the house of Israel. There are other places where a person is instructed to eat a physical expression of God’s word. I desire to consume it on a regular basis. On Jan 5, 1977 I made a vow not to eat breakfast until I had read a portion of God’s word. I have kept this vow now for 35 years with only a few lapses due to unusual circumstances involving travel or emergencies.

Yesterday was a long a very good day. I started by attending the men’s breakfast meeting, and enjoyed Joe Himes’ presentation on Cuba. I ran 6 miles midday, and then attended the retirement event for Dwight Chapman. The evening was filled with the wedding festivities of Kelsey MacLachlan and Heath Melugin. I hosted as Pastor Darren Melugin officiated. The reception was at the Savoy. Returning home after 10 pm leaves me a little sluggish this morning. I am looking forward to preaching about “Life’s ultimate playbook – the Bible.”

Guide me today, most Holy Father as I teach about your word, its power, its light, its truth. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment