Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 30, 2012

Using the sports metaphor of God as owner, manager and coach, tomorrow I will teach about the nature of God. Psalm 103 is a great place for a person to abide as we discover who God is, and what His “benefits” are.

“Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me bless his holy name. … Who pardons all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases; who redeems your life from the pit;”

Psalm 103 is one of my favorite Psalms. I memorized most of it 30+ years ago, and its hope for healing, deliverance and self-talk to bless the Lord is powerful for me to remember. Guide me today, most holy, healing, delivering God as I worship You, the One who has established Your throne in the heavens. I know that my days are like grass, and my lawn is fading fast. I live today blessing your holy Name and remembering all that you have done, are doing and will do.

Ninety-nine persons from Wesley bought tickets for last night’s Cardinal game, and even though the temperatures were extreme through the afternoon, the evening was almost pleasant. About 30 of us sang the National Anthem led by Carl Redmon to start the game. The 9 innings moved along quickly, with a grand slam homer by the Cardinals. Following the game the fireworks were exciting. Audrey and I enjoyed great conversations throughout the game. This morning at Wesley is the final dress rehearsal for tomorrow’s patriotic pageant. Around noon I will pick up my motorcycle from Republic where it is getting a new fuel petcock, additional running lights, and my new accessory cable tied to the frame under the gas tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment